Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Blog!

I am very excited to bring you my new blog! I have had one before but it became muddled and I was so frustrated I didn't know what to do with it anymore. So, we leave behind the past, start fresh and start posting!

Things are starting to even out here in the Grey household. We are looing forwrd to next month and getting things dealt with around here for the summer. Mr. Grey has some trees to cut down, which I am personally hoping he does this week end. There are two cedars on the side of the house that are nice enough, but have not been cared for in ten years and have over taken the garden. His father (owns the property) would like those down because they are becoming a threat to the power lines. He also said I can feel free to plant whatever I wish in the garden on the side of the house. In the back yard we are cutting down a few trees that are mostly dead and dealing with the underbrush that has been allowed to grow up around it. Mr. Grey also has to restring my clothesline since he broke the metal pole while beating out some rugs! It was an old pole, but I still have had three good laundry days at this point which I haven't been able to take advantage of!

I'm thinking I would like to plant roses in the side garden. I love wild Victorian style roses! I love that they smell good, I love how they look. Plus rose hips are always a bonus! I would like to make jelly and tea this year with the one's at Mama Grey's. I would like to dig up a plot in the back year where the undergrowth is and plant some Chamomile and other tea related things.

Baby Grey is doing well, however today she is being a bit of a fuss. I don't know what's wrong, but she isn't running a fever, she just isn't eating well, and is very thirsty. So I'll keep an eye on it but hopefully she will just sleep it off.

I have been making Market Bags like crazy! They are fast and easy and I love them. Everyone does! They have been requested like nothing I have ever seen among my friends and family! So far I have to make about twenty or more. Some of that is Christmas, others are people that are asking for them as soon as possible, plus I would like to have some for here at the house! I go to Sam and the Natural Living Center a ton, and I would like to make sure I have bags because I don't like to have bags about and Sam's does have any. At least that way we can just make one trip for the small things!

I also have a few projects on the needles that I need to finish ASAP because they are mostly past do. So I am going to list them here in hopes it will kick me in the butt to do them!!

1. Mom's mittens - last christmas - 1.5 done

2. Lynda's lace shawl - paid for - hate it, but mostly done

3. Lynda's dk shawl - Bday was July 2 - 4/5 done really just one, maby two good days work

4. Hannah's mittens - christmas - .5 done

Then I only have a set of fingerless gloves for Cynthia and I have no more projects for other people. I would like to have all these things (list) done before August 18th. Then have all the Christmas market bags done before September 1st. That is the hope anyway!

Now, I desperately need to organize laundry and sort through the knitting supplies so I can get a handle on this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment